Reviewing The Best Water Distillers On the Market
A water distiller is a relatively simple device that can greatly improve the purity and quality of your drinking water. The distiller boils the water to produce vapor that is free of contamination. The vapor is then fed through a condensing coil where it returns to a liquid state in a separate container. All of the contaminants that once existed in the water are left in the boiling tank or in filters. There are a lot of great countertop water distillers on the market today, but we believe these five are the best.
The CO-Z water distiller is FDA-approved, making every part of the distiller safe to use. Water from the distiller can be consumed directly. Bacteria, dissolved solids, and other contaminants are effectively removed with a useful heating element, and it distills up to six gallons a day. The unit is easy to use with a single button, and replacing dirty filter cartridges is not needed. You simply clean the unit as needed. The unit has an automatic shut-off to prevent over-heating. A one year warranty is included.
- FDA approved
- Water can be consumed directly from the distiller
- Effectively removes contaminants
- Distills up to six gallons a day
- Easy to use with a single button
- Easy to clean with no need to replace dirty filter cartridges
- Automatic switch-off
- One year warranty
- Some users complained about the taste of the water
The Underwriters Laboratory or UL approve the Megahome Water Distiller. It features a stainless steel exterior and interior. It also includes a boil chamber, an upper steam dome, and stainless condensing coils. The unit distills one gallon of water every 5.5 hours and does so at 212 degrees Fahrenheit. Six optional charcoal filters are included. A glass collection bottle is also included to ensure the water is safe and pure. The unit has a one-year guarantee.
- Approved by Underwriters Laboratory
- Distills one gallon per 5.5 hours
- Includes six optional charcoal filters
- Glass collection bottle
- One year warranty
- Some users complained of a short life-span of the unit
The Pure Water water distiller produces eight gallons of water in 3.5 hours, which is 99.9 percent pure. The unit has a boiling tank that is easy to fill and clean. The construction is stainless steel but also double-clad to prevent burns, and there’s a glass jar to store water. The unit has a 15-year-warranty on the stainless steel with a 2-year warranty on the electric parts.
- Gets water 99.9 percent pure, which is almost at 100 percent
- Has a removable boiling tank
- Stainless steel construction
- Double clad to prevent burns
- Glass jar for water storage
- 15-year warranty on the stainless steel
- 2-year warranty on the electric parts
- The warranty is longer on the stainless steel parts than the electric parts
The H2oLabs water distiller is highly rated and rigorously tested. The unit is activated with carbon pods designed to produce extremely pure water. A full year supply of pods are included with the unit. The unit is 100 percent stainless steel, and the plastics are BPA-free and food-safe. A porcelain nozzle insert is included to ensure the water doesn’t touch the plastic or metal. The heating element is of optimal size, which means it’s not too big. With the unit is an “Easy Lift” glass carafe, cleaning crystals, and the year’s supply of carbon pods. A manual is included, as well.
- Highly rated and rigorously tested
- Includes a year’s supply of carbon pods
- Made of 100 percent stainless steel
- Plastics are food-safe and BPA-free
- Includes an innovative porcelain nozzle
- Includes a glass carafe
- Includes non-toxic cleaning crystals
- Some users complain about the taste of the water
The VEVOR water distiller works with most tap water and removes most impurities. The unit is designed for users to drink from it directly. The unit is a durable stainless steel food-grade and distills water up to six gallons. It is designed to hit a maximum temperature of 226 Fahrenheit. It includes a digital panel for temperature control. The unit is not only low noise but also easy to clean.
- Effectively distills most tap water
- Food-grade stainless steel
- Holds six gallons of water
- Digital panel
- Easy cleaning and low noise
These five water distillers represent the best of the best. The distillers from CO-Z and VEVOR are very affordable and have a few benefits even the more expensive models lack. The distiller from H2oLabs is great for people who like to travel while the model from Pure Water will look perfect on the counter next to your other appliances. Finally, the attention to detail and the UL certification of the Megahome distiller make it a smart buy for anyone.